Updated: Feb 7
Ceramic coatings are a great way to protect your car’s paint job from scratches and other damage. Ceramic coatings can wear away prematurely if not cared for, which means it will be more difficult to keep your paint looking good! In this blog post, we'll go over 4 tips and tricks on caring for your ceramic coating that will help you extend its life span!
1. Have A Professional Apply A Ceramic Coating on your Vehicle
Ceramic Coatings should be applied by a professional who knows what they're doing. Essential Detailing San Antonio is the best place to find professionals in the area with years of experience applying ceramic coatings correctly and professionally.
2. Use Proper Washing Techniques
Proper washing techniques are paramount, and should be done with Ceramic Coating-specific shampoo. San Antonio residents can trust Essential Detailing to use Ceramic Coating Specific Car Shampoo when washing your car, which will prolong the life and performance of the coating!
Please make sure you don’t:
- Use regular soap or dish detergent on a Ceramic Coating. It will strip the Ceramic coating and damage your car’s paint job.
- Use waxes on top of Ceramic coatings. Wax competes with Ceramic Coatings for UV protection, which just ends up damaging both products!
Please contact Essential Detailing if you have any questions about caring for Ceramic Coatings on your car! We would be happy to answer any questions and help you out.
3. Apply High Grade SiO2 Ceramic Booster Detail Spray
Ceramic Coatings should not be waxed. Ceramic coatings are designed to work as a barrier between your car’s paint job and the elements, meaning it is supposed to repel water and other liquids that would usually damage your paint job! a great alternative is to apply a high-grade SiO2 ceramic booster spray on top of your coating has proven time and time again to be the best form of protection
4. Use A Ceramic Coating-Specific Towel
When drying your car after a wash, make sure to use a Ceramic Coating-specific towel. San Antonio residents can trust Essential Detailing to use the best Ceramic Coating specific towels when caring for your vehicle’s paint job!
Please do not:
- Use regular towels or any other cloth to dry Ceramic Coatings. The rough texture of the towel will cause micro scratches and damage your paint job!
- Use drying products that are not Ceramic Coating specific, such as Armor All car wipes. These contain silicone oil which leaves a residue on Ceramic coatings preventing it
Caring for Ceramic Coatings is important to ensure that your car’s paint job stays in top condition! By following the tips and tricks in this blog post, you can be sure to keep your Ceramic Coatings performing at their best for years to come!
If you have any questions about caring for Ceramic coatings, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Essential Detailing San Antonio! We would be happy to help you out.
Thanks for reading!